Monday, November 23

Iron Chef Morgan....


Ok....I would sooooo get my butt handed to me on that show, but I can dream! I do want to congratulate Chef Jose Garces, who was crowned the new Iron Chef for Iron Chef America last night. I was rooting for him from day one. I had a chance to chat with him this morning and I asked him if the chefs really have no idea what the secret ingredient is on Iron Chef America or not. His comment was "I will neither comfirm nor deny that information!" HA! I just never bought into it that the chefs walked out there completely in the dark. With his Latino upbringing and cooking background, Chef Garces is certainly filling a void on that shows' panel of Iron Chefs. His first battle on Iron Chef America will be January 17th.

"What happened to my weekend?" is what I was asking myself last night. Cooking, that's what. I wish I could say I hated every minute of it, but I don't! I have a bear of a week coming up with not only trying to do prep and cook my own families Thanksgiving meal, but food for a bunch of clients too. I have had to print out a calendar so I can plan out my cooking schedule for the rest of the year. The little squares for this week are so full, I can barely read everything. I pre-cook almost everything for Thanksgiving, so that the only thing I have to do on Thursday is pop everything in the oven to cook or re-heat and grill the turkey. Today my grid shows me that I will cook and mash my sweet potatoes, cook the sausage and veggies for the stuffing and mixing it with the cornbread and biscuits I baked yesterday. This will all be done at the same time I am baking 8 loaves of bread for other clients. Wow....whatta week! I'm ready!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment