Friday, November 13

The Flying Scarecrow....

The remnants of Hurricane Ida have been sitting on top of us for 3 1/2 days and we are drenched! Just yesterday, we had 5" of rain and add to that the bucketloads that fell the 2 days before that, I think we've had our share. Flights in and out of our airport have been delayed because of the blustery winds. There are some areas that are severely flooded--like, chest-high water! We haven't had any flooding here at our house, but you certainly will sink if you step onto our lawn. Very, very mushy! I see that this weekend we will start drying out as Ida continues to move northward.

Several times yesterday I had to chase down the big scarecrow that is part of my front yard decorations for Fall. I call him Efram. Efram was getting blown around all over the yard but I'll be honest, after the 5th time of chasing him down, I stopped. Clearly, Efram had his own agenda. No matter how many times I rescued him and placed him back with his other scarecrow buddy (Jr.) at the haybales, Efram would be gone again within five minutes. I mean, who am I to keep him from his windy day adventures? I went to check on him this morning and found him face down in my gardenia bushes off on the side of the house. Apparently, Jr. decided to join in the fun because he was laying on his back with one of the smaller pumpkins by his side and the pot of mums flipped over. Wow, whatta party those two had yesterday! They still had that cheery smile on their faces when I put them back in their place, so they musta had fun!

(pictured: Efram and Jr.--my party animals)

1 comment:

  1. That is too funny!!!! I wish I could have seen you chasing that scarecrow around the yard.... :)

    ReplyDelete