Friday, November 20

The Fans Come Out At Night.....

Cassie and I went to the midnight showing of New Moon last night...well, actually this morning. The theater showed the first movie, "Twilight", right before the New Moon premiere, so we went to see it, too. Lucky for us we did because the lines for the midnight screening started at 9pm! We only sat through about an hour of Twilight before we walked across the hall to the 1 of 10 theatres that was showing New Moon. At 10pm, our theatre was half-full. By 11:30, it was packed to the gills. Funny how it was almost all Mom's--my age women and the rest were some high school/college girls.

Now I'm a fan of the books first. Stephanie Meyer crafted a wonderfully written saga in Twilight. So I give her mucho credit for even penning these fantastic books and certainly solidifying a financial future for herself and allll of her family still to come! But New Moon, the movie, was great. I had reservations about this second movie because part of the charm of the first movie to me, was the fact that it was a low budget film and kinda art-house looking. The promos for New Moon, with a substantially larger budget, looked all glammed up and very polished and I didn't know if I would have liked it so slick. But I was pleasantly surprised. I like the main characters, Edward, Bella and Jacob and their families. I enjoy the Cullen family and look forward to seeing their characters back in the fore-front in the future. New Moon introduces us to the 'wolfpack' and they were fun, dangerous and not hard on the eyes. Their transformation from man to wolf was very cool and the couple of fights they had in the movie were awesome....and very loud. I got the biggest kick out of the gasps and giggles and "whoots!" that escaped the audience at key points in the movie. The first time Edward shows up on the screen, the time when Jacob rips his shirt off to aid Bella, when Edward takes his shirt off and at that last thing Edward says at the end of the movie--nope not gonna spoil it for you. Women...we are soooo predictable. The movie did get a standing O when it was over, so I wasn't the only one who liked it. I'm going again tomorrow with a girlfriend and her daughter to see it again. Yep, gotta go again.

Walking out into the parking lot at 2:20 in the morning with literally a thousand other Twilight fans, you would never know it was 2:20 AM...it looked like it could've been 2:20 on a Saturday afternoon! Oh yeah....by the time New Moon was over, the theatre had already put up the poster for the 3rd movie in the saga, Eclipse, which comes out next summer. Woohooo!!!!

Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were
stars--points of light and reason...And then you shot across my sky
like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty.

~Edward~

No comments:

Post a Comment