Thursday, October 1

Kitty-sicle.....

I love cats and have always owned one since college. Cheetah was my first love. She came from the SPCA in Garner and was solid black with gorgeous green eyes. Then we added Leo and Stevie, a brother and sister team that Sal and I adopted right before we got married from the North Shore Animal League up on Long Island, NY. Priscilla was an adoption from a co-worker who was left with the cat when his engagement broke off....he wasn't crazy about cats, but his fiance' wanted one. And Casper came to us from one of Sals clients who was getting married to a man who was deathly allergic to Casper. Cheetah, Stevie and Priscilla have since passed on which leaves us with Leo and Casper still. The two boys. Leo is the alpha-cat as he has seniority in the house. He is now 19 years old and is puttering around fine, but more like an old man now--slower and not a sleek looking as he did in his younger years. Casper, that gorgeous guy above, is 13 or 14. We're not quite sure how old he was when we took him in, so we guess-timate.

Now that Fall has firmly settled in and I have now added the big, warm, fuzzy blankets and one heated blanket to the bed, these two rarely leave it. Sleeping for me has become a challenge as Leo will only sleep wrapped around my legs or between my feet or partially over one leg and head resting on the other. Getting out of bed in the middle of the night to use the bathroom becomes quite the project as I try not to disturb the sleeping feline prince. Casper only gets on the bed during the day when he can sprawl out wherever he wants all by himself....or sometimes with his sleeping buddy......
Leo & Casper...snuggle buddies

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! You know how I feel about cats myself, so I am right there with you!! They are some sweet kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My SallyCat uses me to keep warm. At night, I have a dog resting her head on my legs and a cat curled up on my chest. Neither like it when I roll over. ;-)

    ReplyDelete