Tuesday, October 6

Goodbye Gourmet

It was announced yesterday that Gourmet magazine is going away after 69 years of printing up delicious recipes and gorgeous pictures of said dishes. Another casualty of the economic downturn. I hope Gourmet.com stays up. It is a very well done website, so kudos to those who produce it.

No matter the subject, I love a magazine that truly cares about what their magazine looks like from cover to cover. Gourmet was always one of those magazines that always looked luscious. Not luscious because it was food related, but luscious because it was just a gorgeously photographed magazine. I am a fan of photography though I don't have the eye to take the stunning photos, I sure do appreciate those who do. I've loved the National Geographic magazine for many years for that very reason. Sunset magazine is one of my currents favs because of it's beauty too. But with all that beauty and careful attention to detail comes a lot of cost and if the advertisers and subscribers aren't there to offset those costs...well, you have to shut down. bummer.

Thank you Gourmet for so many years of deliciousness....

1 comment:

  1. It is a sad day in publishing but with so many of us (myself included) turning to the Internet for recipes, it's not surprising.

    ReplyDelete