Sunday, October 4

Black sandal woman....

I took on the task today of switching out my closet from spring/summer-wear to fall/winter-wear. The local Goodwill store loves me at these seasonal closet cleanings. I start by going through my cool weather stuff in that plastic tub to make sure I want to keep everything I thought I wanted to keep six months ago. I did pretty good, only 2 sweaters didn't make the cut to go back in the closet. My tank tops, t-shirts and bathing suits all went away for another season. Then it was time to change out my shoes......

Now I'm not Imelda Marcos. I don't have anywhere near 2700 pair. My husband thinks I have an enormous amount of shoes. In reality I have about 20 pair each of summer shoes and fall/winter shoes. Because of limited shoe space in my closet, I do change them out by season just like my clothes. If I had that closet like Big created for Carrie in the Sex and the City movie, I would leave most of my shoes out year round.....


....wasn't that the most awesome closet???!!! Unlike Carrie though, none of my shoes are Manolo Blahniks or Jimmy Choos, for sure. Mine are casual kick-around shoes, whether they are slip-on, flip-flops, sandals, mules, boots or whatever. But I do have a couple of pairs of sandals that make me swoon when I see them. For the longest time I had always wanted a pair of Carlos by Carlos Santana shoes. I don't get this way about shoes usually, but he designs the most gorgeous, sexy, colorful, bold, modern and very feminine shoes. When I finally found a saucy little pair on-line one day on sale (a rarity), I jumped and bought them. They-are-stunning. They are the most beautiful and yes, the most comfortable heels I've ever walked in. The day they arrived I watched tv that afternoon in my cut-off shorts, tank-top and my new Carlos Santana Flora Ankle Wrap 4" heel sandal, black. What a sight. I stared at my shoes more than I watched my tv show. Later that month I added two more Carlos sandals to my collection. Those three pair of shoes have a whole shelf to themselves in my closet. Packing them away today was kinda sad, but at least I know my little babies are wrapped in all their original tissue paper with that little gel pellet packet that they came with and are safe and sound. But I can't wait til I can crack open that box again next spring. *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. LOL... those shoes are beautiful, but I'd probably not do well to wear them with my "graceful" moments. LOL!! I'll have to see them sometime!!!

    ReplyDelete