Monday, August 31

He's my lobster......


At 11 am this morning, 18 years ago, Sal and I said "I do". Oh what young, naive kids we were then. It blows me away to think how much he and I have gone through in these 19 years--18 married ones--together. Here's how the love story started: It was the summer of 1990, girl is at Smithhaven Mall on Long Island, NY raising money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Boy is at mall and stops to make a donation to MDA. Girl and boy start chatting. Boy gives girl his business card, girl calls, there is a date. Two weeks later (yes, 2 weeks!), boy and girl get engaged. The next summer boy and girl become husband and wife.

We have been through so much in these 19 years together--many 'friends' saying we were crazy for getting engaged so soon, my parents fighting the impending marriage with all they had, lots of moves around the country, the launching of Sal's accounting business, the losses of lots of family members including both of our Dad's, the birth of one gorgeous daughter, 2 car accidents, a few heated discussions, one knee operation, lots of great vacations, 3 saved souls, the gain of 4 kitties and the loss of 2 of them, a few tears, some frustrations and just bucket loads of laughs.

Through all of it, the good, the bad and the ugly--I cannot imagine my life any other way. He is truly my best friend and I would move heaven and earth for him. I like knowing that no matter what happens on any given day, I can count on him to have my back and I, his. I love, love, love you baby. To quote Phoebe from Friends "He's her lobster". Yep, he is.

3 comments:

  1. So sweet Morgan! Yue are a wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's the bread to your butter, too, huh? That is wonderful! Happy Anniversary to you both!!! :)

    ReplyDelete