Monday, August 17

A random weekend.....


Back from the weekend. Very nice and very lazy. Went to the Farmer’s Market, to church and the grocery store and that is it. The rest of the time was spent catching up on stuff around the house, watching some stuff backing up on my dvr, like….

Finally watched the movie “Sense and Sensibility”. It’s a movie from 1995 based on the Jane Austen book and I’m just now seeing it---it was really, really wonderful!! I love those period movies. Amazingly wonderful actor, Alan Rickman plays Colonel Brandon in this movie. When I first see him, I say at the tv “Snape!”….he plays that wonderful evil character in the Harry Potter movies.

I am a major True Blood fan! It's much more adult vampire series on HBO. It is not like Twilight, that's for sure! At Comic-Con this summer, the cast said we would be in for some major shocks in the last half of this summer and MAN, were they right! Last weeks’ ‘human heart souffle’ was just insane! And Jessica’s ‘healing’ situation had me rolling with laughter. Last night was another major WOW episode. Life in Bon Temps is sure getting dangerous and freaky!!! When Marianne makes peoples’ eyes turn black---that just creeps me out. I do like Eric though. It's that 'bad boy' thing, ya know.

Cassie’s first few days in middle school were good. It’s a new school, new teachers, new schedule—she changes classes 6 times now vs. 2 before. She has her first locker too. She’s most excited about decorating it. I remember having pictures of friends and my favorite musicians on the inside door of my locker at school.

Numerous great messages at church this weekend. We’re in the middle of the series about having extreme faith. The topic this week was “You either have my back or your stabbing me in it”. That certainly got my attention when the pastor launched with that statement. In a nutshell, it was about gossiping and watching what you say to and about others. Ask yourself these questions the next time you speak: “Is what I’m about to say helpful?”, “Will it build someone up or tear someone down?”, “Will it benefit those who will hear it?”. Also--Complaining is contagious and destructive. Great service.

Until tomorrow….be good, be strong, have extreme faith and lift someone up today—either with words or in prayer.

..."Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the LORD is finished.”
~1 Chronicles 28:20~

No comments:

Post a Comment