Friday, August 28

The weeeeeekend!

It's gonna be hot again! I have some little landscaping things I want to do. It will be very little because of how hot it's gonna be.

Tomorrow morning, a friend and I are going to go see Julie and Julia, the movie about Julia Child and the cook who discovers her own passion for food. Kellie and I both love to cook, so we’ve waited until both of our schedules would allow us to go together. I’m so excited about seeing her and the movie. If you are a foodie of any level I understand it’ll make you wanna cook even more!

After that, the family will go to church. We are right in the middle of a series about the Exodus out of Egypt. It's all about digging deep and staying truly committed in your faith, even during the toughest of times. Always a good thing to be reminded of from time to time!

After church, our subdivision is having a cookout. It’s our Labor Day celebration, one weekend early. We figure no one will be around during the actual holiday weekend. The ‘odd’ addresses on the street are to bring a side dish. Ours is an ‘even’ address on the street so I have been charged with bringing dessert. Tonight I am baking big batches of dark chocolate brownies and white chocolate macadamia nut blondies….yummmmmy.

Sunday, I’m having my family over after their Sunday church services. I love breakfast for dinner and so do they, so Sunday, I am doing breakfast for lunch--baked eggs & Chili Rellenos stuffed with turkey chorizo, homemade granola, cinnamon bread french toast, sweet potato hash, grilled fruit & mimosa’s. I make my own chorizo using ground turkey, instead of the pork and beef that is standard. It lightens it up considerably and I can control what goes in it. If you’ve ever read the ingredient list on packaged chorizo, you understand! You have to make it a couple of days ahead though, so those spices have time to really develop, so that’s what I’m doing later today. Sunday night will truly be for rest.....oh, yeah, and for watching True Blood too!

I am very excited about breaking bread with family and friends this weekend. I hope you have a lovely weekend! Stay cool!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment