Friday, September 4

Bye-bye Blue Ridge....



The 3-day Labor Day weekend is here and there are too many open spaces on my schedule! I have a whole day tomorrow and Monday with nothing to do and I feel the need to get out and go somewhere. The weather is just too gorgeous to spend it indoors. I've searched on-line for any festivals or activities going on in the Triangle area and have found nothing. I have always wanted to go to the Seagrove Pottery district, but that is a little more than a day trip. Maybe the Smithfield Outlet Mall? Maybe....we'll see what the weekend brings.

Did you know that tomorrow is International Bacon Day? Oh, there'll be celebrating of that in some form or fashion this weekend!

Sunday, I'm having lunch with my Mom and brother at the Blue Ridge, the lovely restaurant at the North Carolina Museum of Art. After this weekend, it is closing in it's current location for many months and will re-open in a brand new building that is being built right now. The family and I have eaten many a Sunday lunch at the Blue Ridge--lots of birthdays, anniversarys and lunches for no reason at all have been there. This 'last lunch', so to speak, is our way of closing the book on this version of the Blue Ridge with anticipation of trying what I'm sure will be equally delicious dining and family time at the new restaurant. I do love the view of the 'back yard' of the Art Museum from the current Blue Ridge, so I hope the view from the new building will be just as gorgeous!

Sunday evening back at the homestead, we have friends coming over for a little cookout. We are doing hamburgers and sausages on the grill with the some 'amped' up sides--like Potato and Macaroni Salad, my deeeelicious 3-bean Baked Beans with bacon and a tomato and cucumber salad. Our friends are bringing the dessert, so that will be a surprise! Yum! The weather is suppose to be spectacular Sunday eve, so we'll be dining out on the screened porch.

Monday, Labor Day, again my schedule is wide open, so I'll see what spontaneous fun I can find. I hope whatever you are doing this holiday weekend, that you have a blast! Be safe!!!

1 comment:

  1. I know you will find something fun to do.

    You know I never realized the Art Museum had a restaurant! Where have I been these 30 some years? Great that you are going to enjoy that. :)

    ReplyDelete