Wednesday, December 16

Cookie mountain....

I have been so absent updating my blog and I apologize for that. I have been baking like a mad-woman these past couple of weeks. The Mina Project that I am doing through my church-- where they give you $10 in seed money and it is your job to use your talents to build that $10 into more, then release the money back into the community for needy families--has been very active since I started before Thanksgiving, but even more so right now. I have been baking breads and charging $10 for each loaf. So far I have raised $350--35 loaves! Now the Christmas rush starts and on Friday and Saturday alone, I have 11 loaves due. The beauty is that it's another $110 dollars. That puts my total Mina money raised up to $460. I am soooo proud and sooo grateful to my neighbors and teachers at Cassie's school and friends who have ordered! I think that I may make this a yearly event to raise money for someone who is in need. My Mina money, btw, is going to Interact of Wake County, a charity Sal & I have long supported.

The loaves are in addition to other orders that have come in over the past few weeks. It has been a very lucrative holiday for the Heavenly Scents Bakery, for sure! The past few days I have filled orders for not only Mina bread, but a large 250 Christmas cookie order, another platter of 30 cookies, 3-50 piece dessert trays, not to mention the weekly Sunday breakfast I do for 200. It's been very busy.

Through all of this, I give my thanks to God. Re-building this business since the move back to NC has been what I have prayed for ALOT over the past year and the clients are coming. Just like the Field of Dreams "If you build it they will come", I prayed for it and it has come and it still is. I am soooooo thankful! Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!

No comments:

Post a Comment