Wednesday, December 23

Catnip caper...

My two cats have a wonderful great-uncle who bought them a bag of fresh catnip some time ago from an herb farm up in Maryland. It is a 1/2 lb bag that is taking forever to finish up but the bag is now almost finished. The cats know the sound of the closet door opening that houses the nip and they usually come running when they hear it. If they are out of earshot of the door, they definitely know the sound of that bag that holds the nip. As I try to walk around, over, through kitties at my feet who are circling me, weaving in and out of my legs looking up at me so endearingly. Their little, bright eyes saying "please oh please oh please put the nip down NOW!". They each get a little pile on the carpet in our bedroom and that is where they stay for the rest of the day. First they lay on it, then roll in it, lick at it, chew on it and eventually, sleep on top of it. Ahhhhh, a full day.

The bummer of this story is, is that Stillridge Farms in Maryland, the herb farm where my brother bought this catnip, does not have an on-line store, so I can't get a new bag of their favorite stuff. I now will have to search out another 'supplier' and hope that it will be just as good as their favorite nip!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww... that is so sweet!! I had never heard of getting a "stock pile" of catnip before. We should do that for Sampson and Isabelle. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stuff you buy in the tub at the pet store will work, but if you can get freshly dried, from maybe the farmer's market (!), there'll be no turning back for your kitties. Plus it's hours of entertainment

    ReplyDelete