Sunday, November 16

Sisterhood of the Shrinking Pants...it's all in how you look at it!


I have a friend--I'll call her Shellie--who emailed me to say she had lost 10 lbs in her first week of starting her weight loss adventure. YAY! Last week she wrote that in week 2 she “only lost 2.4 lbs”. I get that after a 10 lb week, that 2 ½ doesn’t seem like a lot, but that is actually a very healthy loss after the huge loss in week 1. But when it is YOU standing on that scale having worked your hardest allllll week long and saying “dang it, I only lost 1 lb”, those numbers sometimes don’t add up as fast as you want!

Here’s a trick for you and I shared this with ‘Shellie’. This was something I did during those weeks where I had lower losses than I wanted. I told ‘Shellie’ to go to her refrigerator and pull out 10 sticks of butter and hold them in her hands. That is 2 ½ lbs. (1 stick=1/4 lb) All of a sudden, before your eyes, you see how much 2 ½ lbs really is. So for that week when you ‘only lose 1lb’, and are kinda bummin’ about it, go right to the fridge and pull out 4 sticks of butter and realize that that is how much fat you lost off your body…..1 lb all of a sudden looks like the big amount that it really is!

Wanna hear some mind boggling math?? I lost a total of 140 lbs…..that’s 540 sticks of butter! THAT’S a lot of buttah! See? It’s all in how you look at it sometimes…….who knew butter would be such an eye opener!!! ; )

(I’m still on jury duty for the next couple of days according to the judge)

No comments:

Post a Comment