Friday, November 7

Jury downtime....and wayward youth

I'm in the midst of jury duty for a pretty lengthy case. It probably won't wrap up until Thanksgiving week. My jury service is going very well. Again, I’ll say that I can’t say anything about the trial itself. But that said, yesterday during the trial, I was hit with this kinda sad feeling for some of our youth these days. They can get so twisted around in what is supposedly important in life. When the lack of attention and direction they receive at home causes them to seek attention and validation elsewhere---and not the good kind---it usually does not end well. Then there are the cases where the parents do everything right and their kids still veer off track.....I certainly lived an angelic teen life compared to most these days and I get it, that there is the need at that age to break out and discover yourself and forge your own path. But, man oh man, where that path leads too sometimes just breaks my heart. I look at my 10 yr old daughter, knowing that her day is coming where she will start hangin’ with her friends more than she does me. I hope against all hope and pray my strongest prayer that I am giving her the foundation and the good common sense to make the right choices as she starts to take flight. And I hope the bad choices she makes (and she will) will only be minor things. My heart breaks for those kids who don’t realize that they have true and brilliant potential.

With that said…….give your baby an extra hug today, tell him/her you love them and cherish them numerous times a day. Make sure they know that they are the light of your life……and give them your attention. Let them show off for you. Because if you, as their Mom and Dad don’t, they’ll find someone else who will…and that may not be a good thing.

I hope you have a great weekend!

A Prayer For My Daughter

Dear God let me be strong enough to protect her with my every breath,
And please watch over her and keep her safe when I can not.
My dear daughter, my prayer is that the amazing, unique and awe-inspiring glow that lights you from within
Will continue to shine brightly and warm the hearts of your friends and family;
That you will greet each new sunrise with eagerness to meet the new day,
And that you sleep each night with peace of mind and spirit.
I pray that as you make your place in this world,
You continue to value honesty, integrity and loyalty above superficial relationships;
I pray that as you confront the often harsh realities that come with maturity
You can still appreciate the daily miracles that make each day a gift;
And that when you face life's challenges and obstacles,
Your faith in yourself and in God will see you through and give you comfort.
I pray that you find someone who will love you without reservation,
Who will stand beside you, empower you and defend you with every fiber of his being;
And that you one day experience the fierce joy that fills your soul when you have a child of your own,
So that you can finally understand how our pride in you will never waver, and our love for you can never end.
I pray that God will always keep you in His sight and in His care,
And that Daddy and I may always stand by your side.

(found on Quoteland.com and altered, respectfully, ever so slightly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment