Thursday, October 30

Lovin' from my oven....


So I got the name and address of the next soldier I’m baking goodies for thru Operation Baking GALS. I was blown away that my box of baked goods this month will be going to a hospital over in Iraq for some of our Wounded Warriors. WOW---what an honor! You better believe I’m packing some extra goodies so hopefully they can all enjoy a little ‘love and healing’ from this side of the world. What better 'bandage' is there than a homemade chocolate chip cookie??!! I can’t imagine being away from home during the holidays much less injured, ailing and halfway across the world all at the same time…..and they do it ALL for us! *sigh* It just makes my heart swell. Then you have the famlies who are here keeping the homefires burning, worrying about them. Again....WOW. 'Thank you' just doesn't seem like enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment