Thursday, October 9

Harvest time...


The family and I are going pumpkin hunting this weekend. I buy lots of pumpkins. I usually carve 4-5, yes, 4-5. Then I buy some purposefully to leave whole, so they’ll stay fresh thru Thanksgiving and then there are the little mini pumpkins that I use as decoration around the house. Even though my husband continually asks while we’re pumpkin shopping “how many more pumpkins are you gonna buy??!!” he does like how they look when they are carved up and placed around the house.

Last Halloween, I saw pumpkins outside a house in my neighborhood where they had used mardi gras masks on them. Way cool looking and no carving needed! Might have to try that one year…….Last year one of my carvings was “The Cannibal Pumpkin”. Click here to see the picture that inspired that. That was just dang funny. Might do that one again this year. And by the way, for your carving, if you are not using the Pumpkin Masters tools---you should! I'm amazed at how these little saws and such make carving so easy! You can pick them up anywhere--drugstore, dept. stores, hardware stores.....


……and I can’t talk about pumpkins and Halloween without giving a nod to my favorite yearly must watch “It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown”. I don't know when it's on this month, but I'll be watching!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment