Wednesday, October 8

My first time....

Remember your first? Your first car? Your first apartment? Your first date? Well, maybe not the same importance in the grand scheme of life, but this is my first blog on here. Oh there will be various things that will come up here. Family, life, recipes, friends....

So let me start by introducing myself to you. I'm Morgan, wife to Sal, mom to Cassie, "mom" to my 2 cats Leo and Casper and usually a tankful of fish. I am a Christian--my spiritual intensity has grown a lot over the past couple of years. I love my church and those who attend it and I have become very involved in everything they have to offer. I love football and hockey. I love driving my sportscar (when I can afford the gas). I love gardening--flowers and vegetables. I LOVE to cook. So much so, that I do catering as a part-time job on the side. I hate to call it a job, because it doesn't feel like that to me. I would could cook all day, everyday if someone let me. I love the whole process of not only creating a recipe from start to finish, but I like taking existing recipes and 'twisting' them a little to make them my own. I believe a 'foodie' blog will be next in my near future!

Fall is my favorite season of the year. I get very 'nesty' during fall time. I like being home, having the fire going, being with my family, decorating for the various holidays. That's what my daughter, Cassie and I did yesterday. We dragged out our Halloween decor and decorated the house. I love doing that type of stuff with her. She's old enough now (10) where all I do is pull the containers out and she does all the decorating. I think she gets alot of confidence in the fact that I let her just do what she wants. She thinks I'm more 'Martha Stewart' than I really am. I don't feel the need to go back behind her and move stuff around....unless it's in a precarious spot where a cat could knock something over or pull it off the counter. Her favorite thing is changing out the refrigerator magnets. I can turn anything into a refrigerator magnet. I pick up random things at Michaels' craft store, slap a magnet on it and voila'! it's a magnet. So we have the really scary spiders that were sold as a halloween decoration--I snipped the wire off the back, hot-glued a magnet on the belly of the spider and they are now 2 of my favorite magnets. Because of discovering how easy this is--I have magnets for every season of the year--winter, summer, spring, fall AND Easter, Halloween, St. Patricks' Day, Christmas, Thanksgiving, oy---the list goes on and on. But I love them and so does my daughter. So easy, so cheap to make, yet so fun to look at every year they come out of hiding.

I have to go and finish dinner. Will check in with you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment