Tuesday, April 7

Peeps and Easter...



So this is Easter week. I am anticipating great, tasty things from the Easter Bunny this year, thank you. I can’t eat any of it, but it’s the thought that counts, right?! My daughter and I spent last Sunday putting out our Easter decorations. There are colored eggs, Easter bunny villages and flowers everywhere. It’s so cute….. I can’t let “Peep” season go by without you seeing this. Each year the Washington Post hosts a Peep Diorama Contest and here is a link to the top 37 winners. I consider myself a pretty crafty person---I can do amazing things with anything and a hot glue gun—but I am AMAZED at what people can do with a Peep! Click here to see the photos……

Now….as a Christian, Easter has a whole different meaning for me. I love the bunny and egg hunts, the Peeps and the chocolate, don’t get me wrong. But I do view this weekend with all the reverence it commands and deserves. The whole thought of Christ living his last days, knowing how he was going to die. Sitting at the Last Supper trying to explain to His disciples what was to come. The excruciating beating and humiliations he endured. Being nailed to a cross and hung there to die a slow death. All for me. I am sooo not worthy, but clearly He thinks I am and I thank God (daily!) for that sacrifice. And all He asks in return is that we love one another like He loved and continues to love us. So little for such a HUGE sacrifice. *sigh*

I hope you have a very blessed Easter weekend---Peeps and all. But give thanks for it all. I wish you, my friend, a very happy, happy Easter!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment