Monday, April 20

Dreaming of vampires....


I am a Twilight freak. I have seen the movie many times, I’ve read the books (um, all four of them in 1 week!) and now I am truly obsessed with the saga. “Hello, my name is Morgan and I am a Twilight addict.” Oh, I'm not asking for help or intervention. I am completely enjoying this! I am a giggly 16 year old again…..

But here’s what I found out about the Twilight series that just blew me away. Do you know how Stephenie Meyer, the author of these great books, came up with the idea for the Twilight saga---this super, duper multi-million dollar franchise that is the biggest thing since…..I don’t know what…..and still has 3 movies to come so more massive hysteria and money will roll in for years to come--where did the idea come from??

She dreamt it. DREAMT IT! From her own website, stepheniemeyer.com, here’s what she says about that very fateful night---

“ I woke up (on that June 2nd) from a very vivid dream. In my dream, two people were having an intense conversation in a meadow in the woods. One of these people was just your average girl. The other person was fantastically beautiful, sparkly, and a vampire. They were discussing the difficulties inherent in the facts that A) they were falling in love with each other while B) the vampire was particularly attracted to the scent of her blood, and was having a difficult time restraining himself from killing her immediately.”

Are you kidding me???? How many times have you woken up from a dream—whether it was freaky, scary, sexy or whatever and just dismissed it as ‘well that was different?’ and moved on with your day? But look at what she did. She took it and built it into one of the biggest book series ever. Now, I’m not saying that every dream you have can be turned into a Twilight…..but next time you have that dream that keeps your head reeling all day, maybe you shouldn’t be so quick to dismiss it. Stephenies one dream that night spun into gold. That was a God-given gift to her. How many of those type of gifts and opportunities are we passing by everyday? It makes me wonder what opportunities I’ve just ‘shrugged’ off. Makes you think, huh?

All I have to say to Stephenie is, keep dreamin’ girl. Oh, and please go back and finish Midnight Sun. We have read the partial draft but we would still love to read it completely finished….believe me!

You, Bella and the entire Cullen clan have rocked my world and I love it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment