Wednesday, July 8

Losing a Dad and a child....

Watching Michael Jacksons’ daughter, Paris, yesterday at his memorial service just broke my heart. She is 11, the same age as my Cassie. No child should lose their parent before their time. Not that being an adult and losing a parent is easy, but how difficult must it be for a child. There will be so many things she will go through without her Dad…..graduations, her wedding day, the birth of her children and his grandkids…..oh, it just breaks my heart.

And then, as a Mom, I look at it from Kathryn Jackson’s (Michael’s Mom) perspective too. The natural progression in this life is that parents die….not our kids before us. Then you realize that God has His own plan. That 'natural progression' thing doesn't always happen. Some years ago, the son of a family I grew up with took his own life. The next time I saw his Mom, she told me, “No parent should ever have to say goodbye to their child”. I knew she was in massive pain, but really didn’t realize what she meant until I had my baby.

I said extra prayers for the Jackson family last night. I know for the first time, Michael has finally found some peace. No flashbulbs, no autograph seekers, no fans running after him, no papparazzi.....I can't even imagine the life that poor guy lived. I do take great comfort in the fact that one day, Paris, Prince and Michael Jr. will all be reunited in Heaven with their Dad…..and what a sweet, sweet reunion that will be.

In Christ, there are no goodbyes
And in Christ, there is no end
So I'll hold onto Jesus with all that I have
To see you again

Mercy Me—“Homesick

No comments:

Post a Comment