Sunday, September 5

Come On Mornin'.....

Driving into the sun....

In my opinion, there is but one reason to wake early on the weekends. To see the sunrise. On Sunday mornings I deliver breakfast to the volunteers at my church and my route includes the most glorious stretch of road through horse fields and farm land. As soon as I make that left turn, I see the first rays of the day spilling over the fields in bucket loads and every time, I pull off and take pictures. I'm the only one out there, so I think of it as a private show just for me. It is God at His finest moment I do believe.....

first dawn at the horse barn & pond

almost there....

Ta-Da!!! Finally above the trees....

Warming the horses in the field.


I stood upon the hills, when heaven's wide arch Was glorious with the sun's returning march, And woods were brightened, and soft gales Went forth to kiss the sun-clad vales....
"Sunrise on the Hills" ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow~






1 comment: