Monday, June 8

Graduation day....


My daughter graduated from 5th grade last week. I’m happy to say I did fine during the whole ceremony. I did not embarrass my daughter, which she was worried about. When she saw I had my little travel packet of tissues laid out on the kitchen table that morning, I got the 5 syllable “Mom”. You know--“Mahhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm-muh”. It’s “OMG, pleeeeezse don’t start crying when I walk in the room ‘cause I’ll be soooooo embarrassed in front of all my friends!” all said in one elongated word.

I’ll tell you what was rolling through my head--‘When did I become the Mom of a junior-higher?’. It’s that same thought every parent goes through as they watch their kids hit milestones in their lives. ‘Where did the time go?’ you ask and you start flipping through that mental photo album: when she was born…..when she started walking….potty-training…..her very, very first day of school….. her first big spill off her scooter…… teaching her to ride her bike……watching her help dad ‘mow’ the lawn……the first little boy in class she thought was cute……and the ‘pictures’ flip on and on.

To those of you graduating this year, congratulations and have the most fantastic time. Soak it allllll in because before you know it, the real world comes a-callin'. If Mom and Dad are blubbering before, during and after--don't be embarrassed. That's an outpouring of love in tear-form.

Happy Graduation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment